Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Women's Global Roundtable Internship|
|Organization:||Peace X Peace|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||Peace X Peace, an international women's organization in Washington, DC, creates direct connections between women around the world, across cultural divides for friendship, peace building, and supportive action. The Peace X Peace Global Network, allows for direct, one-to-one online communication between women-led Circles in the United States with their Sister Circles around the world. The communications occur in a "safe space" for women from all cultures as common interests, passions, and mutual encouragement occur – outside of governments and media.
The Women's Global Roundtable is a new live teleconference program that brings to life the stories of women from around the world. Peace X Peace interviews a different woman from a different country weekly. After the interview any audience member can ask her questions and explore directly with the featured speaker.
Women from Iraq, Kenya, Afghanistan, Palestine and other countries have shared their personal stories, challenges, breakthroughs and creativity with the audience. For many in the audience it is the first experience of speaking to a woman from that region of the world.
Peace x Peace is looking for an intern to contribute to the direct marketing of the Women’s Global Roundtable through:
* Serving as a liaison between PeacexPeace and Universities and other NGO's
* Leading a phone campaign
* Representing PeacexPeace at local Universities and events in Washington DC.
* Promoting the program to women's groups and associations.
* Basic research for compiling contacts is expected. The internship is in direct reporting to the Chief Strategic Officer.
We are seeking:
* Self motivated, independent, and positive individuals who are confident to apply their creativity, passion and initiative to marketing the program.
* Good presentation skills both on the telephone and in front of small groups, and a great sense of humor required.
The internship provides the opportunity to meet women from around the word working at many levels for peace building and intercultural connections between women. This is an unpaid, semester long internship, with a minimum of 20 hour commitment. Please submit cover letter and resume via email with subject line Re: WGR Intern to Linda Higdon at Linda@peacexpeace.com.