Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||VP of Development|
|Organization:||Women's Campaign Fund/She Should Run|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||Women?s Campaign Fund and She Should Run
VICE PRESIDENT OF DEVELOPMENT
Women?s Campaign Fund (WCF) and WCF PAC, the oldest organizations financially supporting women political candidates in our nation, and She Should Run (SSR), a preeminent player in eliminating the barriers facing women in public leadership, are looking for a results-oriented Vice President of Development with strong grant writing, event planning, management, and people skills to work closely with its President/CEO and Chief Operating Officer in being national game-changers in electoral politics.
The Vice President of Development is responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow the revenue of WCF, WCF PAC and SSR, with a focus on securing foundation and corporate funding for SSR and managing WCF?s signature events. She/he will be responsible for creating an annual fundraising plan for all three organizations that encompasses major- and low-dollar donor fundraising efforts and managing the development staff in the execution of these initiatives.
Women?s Campaign Fund, a nonpartisan organization, is dedicated to dramatically increasing the number of women in elected office who support reproductive health choices for all.
WCF PAC is the oldest PAC in the country supporting women candidates.
She Should Run is dedicated to dramatically increasing the number of women in public leadership by eliminating and overcoming barriers to success.
* Work with President/CEO and COO to develop and oversee an annual development plan consistent with five year strategic plan
* Establish realistic fundraising goals, develop strategies and timelines for achieving those goals, and set priorities for development staff
* Work with President/CEO and COO to develop and implement a comprehensive foundation and corporate fundraising strategy
* Manage/execute creation, tracking, and archiving of all grant proposals, LOIs, and case statements with a long-term relationship-management approach
* Cultivate relationships with foundation and corporate funding prospects to build foundation and corporate support
* Manage/execute fundraising events and oversee their logistics and fundraising. Currently, we have two major events per year, in New York and DC, and 10 to 15 smaller events per year, in major metropolitan areas across the country.
* Set event fundraising strategies and secure event sponsors, co-chairs, honorees, and speakers.
* Analyze event fundraising performance and make suggestions for improving and growing major events
* Manage and supervise development staff as the team executes high- and low-dollar fundraising initiatives, including planned giving efforts, email and online fundraising, telemarketing, and direct mail.
Qualifications and Skills
WCF/SSR, as a team-based, highly collaborative work environment, is looking for a systems-oriented development professional, who thrives in such a climate, is excited at the prospect of leveraging a largely young but exceptionally talented staff into even higher levels of accomplishment, and supports our Core Values.
* 5 to 10 years of proven management experience and strategy development
* Hands-on experience in fundraising required, with demonstrated success in securing large foundation grants and corporate support, as well as successfully managing events with many different moving parts and meeting aggressive event fundraising goals
* Flexible, creative, and entrepreneurial management style
* Expert verbal and written communications skills; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a team
* Excellent organizational skills and proven track record of building and improving organizational systems
* Ability to take initiative, manage up, and manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time
* Bachelor?s degree required; advanced degree and a record of continuing professional development a plus
* Familiarity with donor databases a plus
* Political or campaign fundraising experience a plus
* Passion for advancing ALL women in public leadership and supporting reproductive health choices
WCF/SSR Core Values
WCF Experience -- excellence in performance; Venture Capitalists - self-starter, proactively looking for new opportunities for organizational success; Leadership - works with and leads others in a positive manner; Systems and Planning - constantly improving overall operations; Professionalism -- strong representative of WCF in public and private; Collaborators - pro-actively engage colleagues, form meaningful relationships for WCF; Open Communicators - clearly expresses ideas and information to others; Problem Solvers - takes responsibility to identify causes and solutions to any problem; Fiscal Sustainability - mindful of limited resources and creative about ways to do more with less.
Salary is based on experience. A generous benefits package is provided.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and references online at http://www.wcfonline.org/webforms/vp-development.html.
WCF and SSR are equal opportunity employers. People of color, LGBT, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.