Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Analyst, Business Intelligence|
|Organization:||Planned Parenthood Federation of America - National Office|
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), the nation?s leading reproductive health care advocate, seeks an Analyst to work within the Business Intelligence department. The Analyst is responsible for the development, refinement, analysis, and interpretation of data to be used in support of the consulting, technical assistance, and training provided by other departments in PPFA. The Analyst will own the tasks related to the management of Planned Parenthood?s service, financial, and productivity data for internal and external use and assist with the aggregation,
synthesis, and visualization of the work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the analytic work through development and capture of data through surveys and queries of data warehouse. Work could include:
* Reconciliation and audit of submitted data
via usage of macros and resolution of issues with affiliate staff
* Analysis of large sets of data to discern
trends and identify areas of opportunity for further analysis
* Creation of trending reports, utilization
of benchmarks, and calculation of financial and other ratios
* Identify, develop, and train on tools and
reports that will allow for operational analysis in key areas of clinical operations and finance.
Examples of tools include: productivity analysis, health center capacity analysis, etc.
* Able to write and publish reports using a
variety of reporting tools including, excel, Tableau, access, powerpoint, etc. Train advanced users on reporting functionality within.
Coordinate with vendors to develop new
tools/reporting as needed.
* Communicate effectively with affiliate
customers and with colleagues by describing the relevance and utility of the data and analysis being provided. Use initiative and creativity to determine best methods of presenting analysis and results in informative and relevant ways.
* Engage with key stakeholders to
continuously improve on project processes and ensure most effective and efficient data capture.
Includes primary point of contact for affiliate questions regarding data submission and report generation.
* Manage individual projects with input from
* Updates documentation of site
functionality, data definitions, and FAQs as appropriate based on content
* All other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Two to four years of directly related, progressively responsible experience in business, analysis or business intelligence, public health, statistics or related area. High degree of experience with MS Excel or Access is required. Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Sharepoint, and/or Tableau preferred. Some experience working with not-for- profit or federated organizations is also highly desirable.
Skills or Related Knowledge:
* Superior data management and analytic
* Excellent critical thinking skills with
sharp attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
* Self-motivator with ability to both take
initiative and direction with a willingness to learn. Desire to take ownership of work and work across various teams to resolve problems
* Ability to communicate complex information
and ideas both orally and in writing so that others can understand
* Basic project management skills
* Tolerance of and sensitivity to diversity
* High proficiency in MS Excel and/or Access
* Knowledge of Tableau, SSRS, and/or MS
* Knowledge of healthcare and non-profit
businesses a plus
To apply, please visit: