Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||President and CEO|
|Organization:||Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette|
|Description:||Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW) is the largest non-profit family planning and reproductive rights organization in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
The Board of PPCW now seeks a dynamic, visionary President & CEO to lead our affiliate in its next chapter of growth, development, and impact on our communities.
The President & CEO of Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette leads the affiliate and is responsible for the day-to-day management and operation of the organization. The President & CEO reports to the PPCW?s Board of Directors and is evaluated annually by the Board. The President & CEO is responsible for an annual budget of approximately $20 million, manages a paid staff of 218 and additional dedicated volunteers, and serves as the organization?s chief spokesperson and representative.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about and committed to our mission. Qualified applicants are visionary, strategic leaders who demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and authenticity. We seek a leader who is inclusive, who treats people with respect, and who has an engaged and collaborative management style. We want an executive who is proactive and who focuses on results
Ideally candidates should have the following experience and
* Proven leadership, strategic planning and financial planning
and management experience in the private, not-for-profit or public sectors for an operation of a similar budget size;
* Defining, implementing, and rallying support for a strategic
vision that advances an organization and its effectiveness in achieving its goals;
* Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to family
planning and reproductive rights issues that are at the core of the PPCW?s activities;
* Knowledge of the healthcare industry, its primary
constituents and systems, and a willingness to explore new areas of practice and competence;
* Demonstrated outstanding written and oral
communications skills, including excellent public speaking skills for both formal and extemporaneous presentations and the ability to represent the PPCW effectively and credibly before the legislature, the press, numerous interest groups and coalitions and the general public;
* Understanding of the legislative process and experience in
working with state and local elected representatives;
* Demonstrated success and experience in raising money on
behalf of non-profit organizations; enthusiasm for developing productive relationships with donors;
* Proven and successful track record in creating and
implementing programs and experience creating partnerships and collaborations;
* Strong background in change management and revitalizing
* Experience in using technology to support business
operations and knowledge of how to assess effective use of new and emerging technologies;
* Knowledge of how to build and strengthen effective
business relationships with union representatives;
* A record of success working in partnership with a board,
staff and volunteers of diverse personalities and talents;
* Bachelor?s degree required; graduate degree in related field
* Willingness to live in the metro Portland area and to travel
around our region as needed.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be the following:
* A person who is committed to advancing the PPCW?s values,
mission, goals and programs, with an understanding of the range of critical reproductive rights issues and their implications;
* A person who is able to conceptualize, express ideas and
anticipate and act on events which may create opportunities for PPCW;
* An entrepreneurial leader who is creative, strategic,
resourceful and politically astute; someone who understands the value of creating partnerships with other organizations as a way of accomplishing PPCW?s goals;
* A team player who inspires collaboration and a sense of
community, functions decisively and is flexible and well- organized and who respects the abilities of others;
* A leader who will build the strength of the management
staff at all levels to ensure that PPCW is a resilient organization;
* A person with excellent interpersonal skills who operates at
all times according to the highest ethical standards;
* A person who listens as well as gives advice, respects the
abilities of others, supports innovation, enables staff to be successful and supports that success;
* An energetic person who can handle and prioritize multiple
activities and responsibilities, a self-started and finisher, and
* A person who can lead and inspire others through multiple
means, including a sense of humor, an intensity of commitment and purpose and the ability to place people and events in appropriate perspective.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Carolyn McCormick of Peak HR Consulting, LLC at Carolyn.McCormick@peakhrconsulting.com.
We prefer applications to be submitted electronically. To learn more about us and this position, please visit our website at www.ppcw.org.
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Contact: Carolyn McCormick
Closes: until filled