Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Program Intern|
|Organization:||Strong Women, Strong Girls|
|Description:||Strong Women, Strong Girls is a nationally recognized mentoring program dedicated to raising the aspirations and self-esteem of elementary school girls. The program connects girls with college women and puts them on the path from the classroom to the boardroom or any other path they choose to take. Our program spans the east coast serving women and girls in Boston, Massachusetts; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and Miami, Florida. Strong Women, Strong Girls aims to expand across the nation and serve girls from all communities.
Opportunities for the Program Intern
As an innovative and entrepreneurial not-for- profit organization, Strong Women, Strong Girls is seeking a passionate, driven individual to support all aspects of programming in the fall and spring semesters. The Program Intern is responsible for ensuring program quality by: tracking data related to evaluation, researching and planning for potential expansion sites, coordinating logistics as they relate to event-planning and event- execution. The Program Intern will commit to at least 10 hours per week.
Specifically, the Program Intern will work with the Program Managers in the following areas:
- Data collection and information management (database, tracking progress toward targets)
- Event planning support
- Assisting in preparing presentations and materials for trainings
- Community outreach support
- Producing written content for print and web materials
- Conducting program research
- Coordinating volunteers
- Administrative tasks and follow-up as needed to maintain a quality program
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- The ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to supporting the healthy development of women and girls
- This is unpaid position. We are happy to work with the intern to arrange academic credit.
- Gain unique insight to the inner workings of a nationally recognized non-profit
- Gain increased understanding program management
- Connect to an influential network of professional women and community partners
- Receive professional advice from SWSG?s highly successful Program Managers
- Build marketable professional skills
Applications will not be read without a cover letter describing the candidate?s interest and qualifications and his or her resume (in Word or PDF format). Please send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type ?Program Intern? followed by your name (Last, First) as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail. Please also include the name of city for which you are applying: Boston, Miami or Pittsburgh.
Applications are due no later than Wednesday, October 31st, and will be considered on a rolling basis. Interviews will be granted as resumes are received and the position may be filled prior to this deadline.
|Contact:||Strong Women, Strong Girls|