Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Fundraising Internship|
|Organization:||SAFE in Hunterdon|
|Description:||SAFE in Hunterdon is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to empower adult and child survivors of domestic and sexual abuse, while collaborating with our community to prevent violence and create positive social change. SAFE in Hunterdon seeks an intern for the Fundraising and Development Department. During your internship, you will help SAFE in Hunterdon build its donor database, identify grant opportunities, help write grant proposals, and assist the Director of Development with other activities as needed.
These internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, events planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research new foundations/grants to apply for funding
- Help with editing of proposals and reports
- Help in writing minor proposals and reports
- Table at awareness and fundraising events
- Assist in pre-event preparation
- Help in organizing events
- Provide support in sending mailings and invitations
- Help with maintaining database records
Each internship position will also have its share of "busy" work including envelope stuffing and administrative duties like file cleaning and data entry.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and able to learn new programs quickly (databases, etc.)
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Interest in a nonprofit career - particularly development and fundraising
- Completion of 16- hour Sexual Assault/ Domestic Violence training provided by SAFE in Hunterdon
- Clear a criminal history background check
Each intern will be expected to work 15-25 hours per week (this is flexible), sometime between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday in our Outreach Office in Flemington. Some night and weekend work may be required.
This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out "work-study" grants with your college, if that is an option.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
|Contact:||Liz Schofield Rugg|