Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Organizing Institute Training Program and Internship|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||The national AFL-CIO seeks candidates in the Washington, D.C. area who are committed to changing workers? lives through organizing. Through a paid entry-level internship program, the AFL-CIO Organizing Institute will provide orientation, organizing training, and assistance in seeking a full-time paid job. Over the course of the internship, participants will be trained on fundamental organizing techniques such as list building, one-on-one communication, and how to develop an organizing campaign. Participants will develop these new skills by working alongside workers who are organizing in the retail sector.
Qualifications for the position include:
- A strong commitment to social and economic justice.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliability and a cooperative attitude.
- Strong computer skills a plus.
- Previous experience in retail and sales desirable.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and evenings.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills desirable
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to OIApps@AFLCIO.org. In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions. What has your role been in social justice or community work? Why do you want to work with labor unions?