Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Program Assistant|
|Organization:||Just Detention International|
|Description:||JDI is recruiting a highly qualified assistant to provide administrative and program support for its work.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited:
-Provide information and resources to survivors of sexual abuse in detention and their families; help recruit and work with survivors interested in participating in JDI's work.
-Provide administrative and operational support to JDI's senior staff, including handling mailings, travel arrangements, and office supply orders; responding to general information requests; drafting correspondence; organizing and maintaining database and filing systems; and generally helping to ensure that the Los Angeles office runs smoothly.
- Coordinate with staff in JDI's Washington, DC, and South Africa offices on administrative matters.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Commitment to protecting human rights for all people and comfort with discussing sexual violence issues.
- At least two years of administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Well-organized; detail oriented; able to multi- task and work well under pressure.
- Highly competent using Microsoft Office and the internet.
- Experience working with sexual abuse survivors and certification as a rape crisis counselor highly desirable.
- Spanish language skills highly desirable.
JDI offers excellent benefits and generous paid vacation. This is a full-time position based in JDI's Los Angeles office. Position will be filled as soon as possible. People of color, former inmates, and LGBT candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Program Assistant as the subject line. No phone calls please.