Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Protective Order Advocate|
|Organization:||Family Justice Center of St. Joseph County|
Family Justice Center of St. Joseph County and St. Joseph County Courts, South Bend, Indiana
Normal Working Hours:
General Statement of Responsibility:
Primarily responsible for providing support and court accompaniment during the process of obtaining a Civil Protective Order.
1. Supports FJC clients who are involved with Protective Orders.
2. Offers support and information.
3. Accompanies victims to court for hearings regarding Protective Orders.
4. Works in conjunction with the County Protective Order Clerk.
5. Maintains records and statistical data and completes reports.
6. Attends staff and community meetings as required.
7. Maintains a flexible schedule.
NOTE: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
1. Bachelor?s degree in related field.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of advocacy for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.
3. An ability to interact effectively with diverse populations.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Excellent organizational skills.
6. The ability to work independently and with a team.
7. Knowledge of community resources.
8. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel.