Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Business Partnerships Coordinator|
|Organization:||National Immigration Forum|
|Description:||The Forum seeks to engage a part time Business Partnerships Coordinator for one year to work on the Bethlehem Project. The Bethlehem Project draws inspiration from Bethlehem Steel, which in 1915 was one of the first U.S. employers to provide free English language instruction to its immigrant workforce.
The goal of the Forum?s Bethlehem Project is to combine access to English learning, citizenship and work skills. By offering these comprehensive immigrant integration services, we can help hard-working immigrants achieve essential skills that will increase their productivity and earning potential, allow them to fully engage as citizens in their new homeland and better their lives and those of their families.
The scope of services for a Silicon Valley-based consultant includes:
- Develop and maintain partnerships with companies interested in partnering with nonprofits or community colleges able to provide integrated workplace training and/or naturalization services
- Work closely with the Forum staff to coordinate specific work to be done in the city (a minimum of weekly phone calls)
- Serve as point person for local partners to ensure logistics for outreach events, workshops, etc. are completed.
- Work with local partners to organize press event to launch the Bethlehem project
- Coordinate meetings between local business partners, and naturalization service providers and educational institutions to facilitate services that meet businesses partners? needs
- Coordinate with USCIS in the event that a naturalization ceremony can be scheduled to highlight the work of all partner organizations and employers in the success of the employees becoming U.S. Citizens.