Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Reproductive Freedom Organizer|
|Organization:||American Civil Liberties Union of Tennessee|
|Description:||The American Civil Liberties Union of Tennessee (ACLU-TN) is seeking a part-time organizer to coordinate ACLU-TN?s work on reproductive freedom. This is a temporary position currently funded at 15 hours a week for approximately 7 months.
* Building relationships and strengthening partnerships with prospective allies and organizations;
* Prepare advocacy and public education materials;
* Coordinating closely with ACLU staff and coalition partners;
* Undertake special projects related to reproductive freedom as requested by ACLU-TN ED;
* Assist with grant writing and other programmatic duties.
* Commitment to goals of ACLU and reproductive freedom;
* Experience with political campaigns, activist, grassroots organizations, and/or lobbying;
* Ability to manage several projects simultaneously under strict deadlines;
* Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work with range of individuals and organizations in support of a mutually shared goal;
* Experience organizing advocacy and educational activities;
* Ability to put in flexible hours and work evenings in order to meet goals and work with community leaders;
* Outstanding writing skills, including ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and ability to adapt writing style as appropriate;
* Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, social media, and internet-based research;
* Valid driver?s license and auto insurance;
* A sense of humor.
Email cover letter, resume, and contact list for at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write "Reproductive Freedom Organizer"in the subject line and indicate in your cover letter where you found the job announcement.