Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Lead Project Manager Business Transformation|
|Organization:||Pepco Holdings, Inc.|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||Lead Project Manager Business Transformation (12381) Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Lead Project Manager Business Transformation to join the staff at our Washington, DC or Carneys Point, NJ locations. In this role, you will provide the highest level of project management expertise to ensure effective project management within PHI. Applies knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements. Is responsible for accomplishing the project's objectives. Manages projects or a set of concurrent projects typically focused on work process redesign or improvement and which may include the procurement, development and deployment of one or more information or other technologies. Usually works with a project team to establish clear and achievable objectives, to balance the competing demands for quality, scope, time and cost and to adapt the specifications, plans and approach to the different concerns and expectations of various stakeholders. At this level, individuals are expected to foresee potential obstacles or problems and either prevent them from occurring or creatively eliminate them when they do occur. Represents the supervisor or manager on important issues. Plans and coordinates work with other departments or business areas. This individual is a liaison and maintains this relationship with all levels of leadership and units within or outside his/her organization. Makes decisions independently; but consults with supervisor or manager concerning unusual problems and developments. May work as an independent contributor or serve as a leader of a cross functional team formed to address a critical technology or business issue. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work requires progressive experience and increasing level of responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in related business area (e.g., Finance, Accounting, HR), Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline preferred; or equivalent work experience and training.
- Project Management Professional Certification, (PMP), or the ability to obtain within 1 year of hire date.
- Experience demonstrating strong teamwork skills including leading and influencing others from different departments or work groups.
- Extensive experience demonstrating skill providing leadership, guidance, direction, facilitation and coordination of teams involved with developing, documenting, and implementing business improvements.
- Extensive experience in planning and directing multiple concurrent projects including internal and external resources.
- Experience demonstrating skill identifying areas for improvement, developing potential plans and determining what resources may be needed.
- Experience demonstrating skill being accountable and delivering business results.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Project or other project management software tools.
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and e-mail software to perform work functions.
- Experience demonstrating skill planning and organizing team activities and coordinating with others (for example, team members, managers, consultants).
- Experience demonstrating skill communicating orally and in writing with all levels within the organization.
- Experience demonstrating skill serving as a liaison, working with other departments, and interacting with personnel from various levels of an organization as well as external contacts.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard and extended hours as required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various company locations.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours (including holidays and weekends) with little or no notice, on-call and during storms and system emergencies.
- Must successfully pass a Criminal History Records Check.
- Must successfully pass medical screening.
- MBA or Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Experience demonstrating skill directing information-gathering activities such as process mapping sessions, interviews, research, surveys, benchmarking, best practices and performing data analyses.
- Work experience in a variety of areas in the electric or gas distribution business
PHI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
Please apply online at http://www.phicareers.com