Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Health Center Advocacy Volunteer - Rogers Park, Chicago|
|Organization:||Planned Parenthood of Illinois|
|Description:||Planned Parenthood of Illinois Health Center Advocacy Volunteer (Rogers Park, Chicago)
Planned Parenthood works to ensure that we have laws and policies in Illinois that support meaningful access to reproductive health care and comprehensive education for everyone in our state. We also work to ensure that our supporters are educated about their rights and have the tools they need to take action.
Health Center Advocacy volunteers will educate patients in health center waiting rooms and help them voice their support for reproductive health care issues. Volunteers will distribute information and materials to educate patients about current reproductive health issues and then collect petition signatures, help patients register to vote, and discuss various ways to stay informed and get involved at the local level. Volunteers will be asked to assist with other health center tasks during down time.
- Interest in the field of public policy / advocacy work
- Ability to engage with people in a diverse range of settings
- High level of comfort discussing reproductive rights issues
- Ability to handle confidential information in a responsible and respectful manner
TIME COMMITMENT AND TRAINING:
- Commitment of at least 3 hours per week for a minimum of one year
- Requires attendance at one orientation session and one 3-hour evening training session
- Attendance at a monthly conference call is required and will provide the opportunity to check in with and provide feedback to staff and other volunteers
LOCATION AND AVAILABLE SHIFTS:
(All applicants must be available for at least one of the below shifts)
PPIL Rogers Park Health Center @ 6353 N Broadway, Chicago, IL 60660
Mondays: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Thursdays: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Fridays: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Please apply online at www.plannedparenthood.org/illinois under the "volunteer" section.