Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Program Coordinator|
|Organization:||National Association of Women Lawyers|
|Description:||Reports Executive Director
The National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL) is the leading national voluntary organization devoted to the interests of women lawyers and womens rights. Founded over 100 years ago, NAWL has members in all 50 states and engages in a variety of programs and activities to advance its mission. Visit us at www.nawl.org.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the management and implementation of programs, projects, events and presidential initiatives of NAWL and its appropriate program committees. Has oversight responsibility for the entitys program and project budgets and provides substantive support and guidance to the Programing Chair and/or event Chairs. Responsible for the execution of programs and projects, including but not limited to budgeting of resources, support fundraising efforts, oversight of meetings and special events and networking with sponsors and members.
- Manages the day to day organization and implementation of all programs and projects, including planning projects, overseeing budgets, and ensuring compliance with association policies.
- Advises member leaders on strategy and procedures to ensure projects move forward.
- Serves as principle point of contact for projects, both internally and externally. Initiates regular communications with member leaders and staff, including reporting on progress and results.
- Coordinates with other entities on joint projects, seeks out internal and external partners and solicits and manages sponsorship revenue with supervisor oversight.
- Works with Program/Event Committees to plan program logistics and materials for all programs and events, including teleconferences and webinars.
- Manages awards, gift selections and supply orders.
- Oversees the production and shipping of materials to/from site.
- Ensures the coordination of CLEs for programs and on-site CLE certificates.
- Maintains database of program/event-specific sponsors and co-sponsor contacts and profile.
- Manages the proper use of logos and other event/program-specific sponsor graphics.
- Staffs Program and Event Committees and coordinates on-site registration at events.
- Tracks budgets and direct expenditures and reports to Executive Director bi-weekly.
- Assists with competitive bidding processes for service providers and documentation of accounts.
- Coordinates with facilities personnel at the ABA and outside vendors.
Bachelors degree required. Equivalent experience may be reviewable on a limited basis and includes 3 or more years above the experience listed below.
Background Skills and Abilities
Minimum of 3 to 5 years of program experience is required and work experience in a non-profit organization or association is preferred. Aptitude in MS Office applications and appropriate software tools is also required. Meeting planning skills are a must and fundraising experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast pace environment working independently or in a collaborative environment with staff and hi-level members. Must have poise and carry self in a professional manner at all times.
Range in the low to mid 40K but commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter, resume and references via mail or email Rena Tamayo-Calabrese, Executive Director National Association of Women Lawyers ABA Center, 321 N. Clark St., MS 21.1 Chicago, IL 60654 calabrer@NAWL.org