Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Major Gifts Officer|
|Description:||SAGE is seeking a full-time Major Gifts Officer who is responsible for overseeing the Major Gifts Program at SAGE which includes external relations initiatives related to SAGE's efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward: major donors and prospects. These initiatives will be expected to meet or exceed budgeted revenue goals. The ideal candidate will be looking for a position in a fast moving organization with opportunities to build a national individual fundraising team. Key to this position will be growing our major donor portfolio in NYC, DC, LA, Chicago and South Florida.
The Major Gifts Officer plays an integral role in a relationship-based and donor-centered approach to build a sustainable base of philanthropic support for SAGE. Major Gifts Officer will develop and implement annual work plans and execute tactics to ensure individuals supporting SAGE are engaged by every media in the course of moving relationships toward a philanthropic result benefiting SAGE. The Major Gifts Officer will function as a highly involved member of a dedicated, hard working and fast moving development team. The Major Gifts Officer should be adept at working with individuals across SAGE departments and throughout LGBT communities who represent a diversity of identities.
Major Giving (Investors Circle): Unrestricted Annual Gifts of $1,500 or more
- Oversee SAGE's relationship management system by working with board members and staff to ensure major giving prospect and donor portfolios are being actively cultivated, solicited and stewarded
- Manage the board of directors' Investors Circle Subcommittee to utilize volunteers in the growth of Investors Circle clubs in key, strategic regions throughout the nation
- Execute quarterly stewardship mailings to major gift prospects and donors and twice-annual direct mail solicitations to major gift prospects
- Work with senior staff (the Senior Director - Development, Board and Executive Director) to coordinate face-to-face cultivation, solicitation, renewal and stewardship actions for top-tier major donors and prospects. Steward planned giving and major donors through personal visits, email and telephone calls, written proposals and events, documenting actions as appropriate.
- Develop a personal portfolio of prospects for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Cultivate relationships with prospective donors at all levels with the hope of securing them as a member of Investors Circle and Taylor Society (the planned giving society at SAGE).
- Draft solicitation and acknowledgement letters.
- Manage and update portfolio through database management (Raiser?s Edge).
- Participate in major and minor fundraising events including serving as lead on donor events and activities.
- Other responsibilities, including coordinating other special projects, as assigned by the Senior Director, Development.
The ideal candidate must possess tremendous verbal and written communications skills. This individual will adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathy and perseverance; reflect an optimistic attitude in representing SAGE to external stakeholders; and convey sensitivity to the needs of donors. This individual should have (4-6) years of prior individual giving or relative experience. Bachelor degree required. Strong Microsoft Office and PC proficiency required. Comfort working with diverse stakeholders and within a pluralistic environment required. Candidates with experience using Raiser?s Edge or comparable database software preferred. Experience working with the LGBT community, older adults or on issues that address the needs of these communities is preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent employer-paid benefits package, generous vacation.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Send cover letter and resume by email only email@example.com Please indicate, "Major Gifts Officer" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
|Contact:||Martin Cohen, Director of Human Resources|
|Phone:||(212) 741-2247 X107|