Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Database Manager|
|Description:||Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Database Manager plays a key role in the successful operation of an evolving Development Department which includes: Individual Giving (Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Membership) Institutional Giving (Foundation and Corporate) and Events. Supervise Development Associate and Development Intern(s).
The responsibilities of the Database Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage daily operations of the Raiser's Edge database to ensure its effective use in a wide range of development activities.
- Train all new development staff in Raiser's Edge policies and procedures.
- Act as development expert regarding Raiser's Edge and other development-related IT functions and applications.
- Account for the quality and architecture of Raiser's Edge data and processing standards.
- Special Events Support: Generates guest lists for event registration; provides on-site registration support, including liaison with accounting to accommodate cash and credit card transactions.
- Maintain a consistent policy for receiving all incoming development gifts and gift handling procedures.
- Documentation: Maintains detailed documentation of internal business processes and workflows related to appeals, mailings, events, gifting, etc., and updates documentation as processes are added, changed or modified.
- Blackbaud NetCommunity experience preferred
- Extensive experience with Raiser's Edge database, preferably at the expert level
- Ability to understand internal business processes and how they relate to functionality within Raiser?s Edge
- Experienced in creating and maintaining Crystal Reports
- Skilled in a PC Office environment
- Effective management and multi-tasking skills and ability to function in fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Open communication regarding scheduling, project status and deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Positive professional demeanor
- Willingness to commit to the goals of SAGE
- Knowledge of the LGBT community and related social issues
- Commitment to the mission of SAGE
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Send cover letter, salary requirements and resume by email email@example.com or via fax at 212-366-1947. Please indicate, "Database Manager" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31, 2013
|Contact:||Martin Cohen, Director of Human Resources|
|Phone:||(212) 741-2247 X107|