Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Sr. Digital Producer and Project Manager|
|Organization:||Center for Reproductive Rights|
|Description:||Supervisor: Director of Communications Operations
Center Background: The Center for Reproductive Rights is a non-profit legal advocacy organization dedicated to advancing reproductive freedom as a fundamental right that all governments are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill. The Center has staff in New York, Washington, DC, and overseas offices in Kenya, Colombia, Nepal and Switzerland. The organization?s domestic and international programs engage in litigation, policy analysis, legal research, and public education seeking to achieve women's equality in society and ensure that all women have access to appropriate and freely chosen reproductive health services.
The Center seeks an exceptional and strategic Senior Digital Producer and Project Manager to join an extremely strong and dynamic Communications Department that has recently expanded its reach significantly online and in the media through the launch of a major national advocacy and public awareness campaign called Draw the Line.
The Senior Digital Producer and Project Manager holds a full-time position in the Communications Department, reporting to the Director of Communications Operations. He or she will bear primary responsibility for conceptualizing and executing all initiatives related to the Center?s online presence-from strategy to user experience and information architecture design-as well as managing all technical aspects of online communications projects and overseeing the development, testing, and implementation of technology solutions. Projects include the continued redesign of the Center's website, further development and maintenance of the DrawTheLine.org microsite, and development of other new tools for web and email marketing, communications, and fundraising.
The Senior Digital Producer and Project Manager will see the process of technical projects all the way through from ideation to development to usability testing to implementation. He or she will serve as the lead for projects and in relationships with outside consultants from proposal to delivery while bridging the gap between the Communications creative team and outside technical resources (such as developers and our CRM consultants) and ensuring standards and best practices are followed.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge, in-depth understanding of interaction design and information architecture regarding content strategy, excellent project management skills, intermediate to advanced HTML and CSS skills, familiarity with email design, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Digital Producer and Project Manager will work closely with the Production and Design Manager, Manager of Online Strategy and Response, and Writer/Editor. He or she will also share management of an online communications assistant with the Manager of Online Strategy and Response (email marketing and social media).
Duties include, but are not limited
- Coordinating with internal teams and outside resources to define project objectives, tasks, and deliverables for online projects, including working with freelance developers to redesign the Center website, build functional "microsites" for advocacy projects, troubleshoot HTML crossover issues for CRM-Convio-to CMS, etc.
- Direct all user experience efforts including the development of information architecture and user interaction design
- Recommend and apply user experience approaches based upon the latest interactive trends and best practices in the industry
- Managing all aspects of the website using Drupal CMS
- Coding graphic design projects into HTML files (i.e. eNewsletter, new web blast templates, etc.)
- Managing selection of developers and other outside technical resources
- Addressing 404s/broken webpages
- Implementing and maintaining website enhancements, security/privacy policies, user accounts, access rights, passwords, etc.
- Responsible for search engine optimization (SEO), site accessibility issues, and other mechanics of good website management
- Helping with the process of implementing new systems.
- Providing technical support for problem resolution for staff and users of website
- General website maintenance
Ideally, the Senior Digital Producer and Project Manager will also have basic developer skills or enough knowledge to assess what tools/platforms should be used by developers to solve business problems.
The ideal candidate will have several of these preferred skills and characteristics:
- Bachelor?s degree
- Has intermediate to advanced knowledge of Drupal and its administrative interface
- Working knowledge of the following coding languages and application platforms:
- 5 years of website and technology management
- Experience developing information architecture and interaction design-focused on user experience
- Strong knowledge of SEO standards
- Experience with content management systems, online communications, social networking applications, and current programming technologies
- Display good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with project management tools for tracking and reporting on project tasks and status
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good communication skills; ability to interact collaboratively with staff in an organization with diverse concerns and needs
- Ability to work independently, but also part of a team
- Ability to research, recommend and apply new emerging technologies
- Experience in the nonprofit sector, and reproductive rights issues a plus
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply: E-mail submissions are preferred. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Mail
Center for Reproductive Rights
120 Wall Street, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10005
Note: Applicants must indicate "(Senior Digital Producer and Project Manager, their last name and code 163)" as the subject of emailed applications. Cover letter and resume should be sent as attachments. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage people from all groups and communities to apply.