Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Policy Analyst|
|Organization:||Service Employees International Union|
New York, NY
The Political Department of 32BJ seeks a Policy Analyst to support the legislative and issue-based work of the union.
32BJ's main issues concern responsible economic development; public procurement; energy efficiency and green buildings; employer-based health insurance; immigration reform; workplace standards, such as paid sick days; and supporting workers' rights to organize.
The Analyst will be responsible for:
- Researching policy and legislative issues in 32BJ's multi-state and NY regions
- Drafting of testimony, memos, and position papers
- Meeting with policymakers and other stakeholders
- Advocating for issues and educating officers/members about policy and legislation
- Working with the Director of Policy to plan the long-term agenda for the Union.
Applicants should have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in labor, government, non-profits, or other relevant positions that included policy and legislative work
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience working successfully with policymakers and government officials/staffs and public policy advocates
- Ability to work under deadline and to work collaboratively with colleagues
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
SEIU Local 32BJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/tj6z3n4