Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||board of directors|
|Organization:||In Other Words Feminist Community Center|
|Description:||In Other Words is a non-profit, volunteer-run, feminist community center in Portland, Oregon.
Our mission is to support, enrich, and empower the feminist community through literature, art, and educational and cultural events. We have a storefront that serves as a bookstore, a lending library, and a venue for feminist events.
Are you interested in being a leader in a grassroots, volunteer-run, and local non-profit? Are you a visionary?
In Other Words (IOW) is actively looking to recruit new leadership for the Board of Directors.
IOW has been growing, changing and expanding from a feminist bookstore to a feminist community center.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for leadership that can provide expertise and guidance to board members and volunteers, helping to involve the community in the direction of the organization.
Applying for a leadership position could be an amazing opportunity to serve your community and lend your skills to a feminist non-profit. The IOW Board consists of Chair and Co-chair positions, Personnel, Development, Finance, and Board Development Committees.
Please email me with any questions or to apply at email@example.com
In Other Words is currently seeking leaders with skills or expertise in one or more of the
- Community Organizing
- Volunteer Management and Coordination - Human Resources: understanding or experience with policy, personnel and internal communications - Legal: experience with or knowledge of laws concerning non-profits, their activities or liabilities
- Human Resources: understanding or experience with policy, personnel and internal communications - Volunteer Management and Coordination
- Fundraising and Development: specifically with donor cultivation, campaigns and event planning - PR and Marketing - Publishing: promoting literature and educational events and classes - Community Organizing
- Legal: experience with or knowledge of laws concerning non-profits, their activities or liabilities
- Fundraising and Development: specifically with donor cultivation, campaigns and event planning Financial Planning and Budgeting
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org