Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Event Manager|
|Organization:||Out and Equal Workplace Advocates|
|Description:||Reports to : Teddy Witherington, Chief Marketing Officer
Salary : DOE
Classification : Full-time Exempt
Out & Equal is a nonprofit organization.
Out & Equal has an excellent opportunity for an Events Manager in our San Francisco, CA office. The successful candidate will join two seasoned professionals (Chief Marketing Officer and Associate Director) as a critical part of Out & Equal's Events Team.
The successful candidate will bring at least five years of experience in event management, with a meaningful part of that time supporting the design and production of conferences that cater to corporate attendees. Additional experience in managing events that cater to government and non-profit entities will be a distinct advantage. A professional demeanor, a proactive and positive attitude, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team are all important attributes for this position. Experience with the corporate sector is critical.
A commitment to Out & Equal's mission is essential in this role. We strongly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal right up to delivery.
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Managing supplier relationships.
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently.
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to the volunteer team at events and as appropriate within the compensated staff team.
- Travelling to on site inspections and project managing events.
- Being responsible for all project budgets from start to finish.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery.
- Collaborating with program and administrative staff to ensure that program initiatives, development and sales goals and systems are well supported in the events cycle.
Salary negotiable. Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan.
Candidates should have knowledge of, comfort with, and interest in creating fair and equitable workplaces for LGBT people.
- Bachelor's degree
- Five years of proven experience in event management
- Excellent budget management skills
- Excellent reliability in meeting deadlines
- Ability to use initiative effectively and appropriately: working in a hands-on environment with limited resources
- Human octopus: ability and passion to multi-task
- Ability to lead team of event volunteers
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Cvent or comparable database highly desirable
- A strong commitment to equality for members of the LGBT community
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Self-starter; able to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with staff, committees, and clients in a diverse community
- Strong commitment to professional conduct, ethics and integrity
Out & Equal is the preeminent national organization devoted to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community in the workplace. A 501(c)3 nonprofit headquartered in San Francisco, the organization's goal is to provide services and programs that promote workplace equality for LGBT individuals, their families, and their allies. Out & Equal's vision is workplace equality for all regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, expression or characteristics. This is a great opportunity to join a team of dedicated professionals who share a commitment and connection to a meaningful mission. For more information, visit our website www.outandequal.org.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send resume with cover letter and include the position to which you are applying (in subject line) firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Out & Equal Workplace Advocates, FAX (415) 694-6530. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls.